The Front Line for Operation at Ease are the volunteers directly supporting one family during their visit. Each family has someone serving in these roles specifically for them
Greeter: Each family has an experienced, personal greeter assigned. However, greeters responsibilities start well before arrival
- The greeter is in touch with the family about a week prior to answer questions and arrange a time
- The afternoon of arrival the greeter ensures the condo is ready, picks up the key and places the meals prepared for Friday dinner, and both breakfasts in the condominium
- At the arranged time, greets meet their guests, escort them to the condo and go over information to make the weekend even more enjoyable
- Greeters then fade into the sunset, so our guests have family time...but are always just a phone call away
- After the visit the greeter ensures everything is wrapped up after the family departs.
Meal Preparation: Every family receives three home cooked meals during their stay. Each prepared by a different volunteer. Custom made to fit the family size and accommodate any dietary concerns. Meals are dropped off the day of the families arrival so they are fresh.
Photographers: Each family has the opportunity spend an hour or so at a predetermined time and location with an OAE volunteer photographer. All are dedicated to the craft, and many have actually been in the field professionally. OAE guests then receive a memory stick with all the photos uploaded from that session. The photos are not meant to cover the weekend, families will do that. But does provide a chance for the entire family to be in all the photos
Boat Owners: When an OAE family selects a boat ride as their Saturday Activity, a St. James boat owner provides them with a ride. Southport, Holden Beach, Oak Island and other places are as scenic from the water as they are from land